Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bigger Dreams

The other day I was sitting in the car with my sister-in-law and her three girls waiting for our food to be brought to the drive-through window. While we were waiting, Sheri told me that she use to work in fast food during high school and that the smell has never changed. Z-girl excitedly asked, "you use to work at Wendy's mom!?" Sheri explained that she did for a little while, to which Z-girl responded, "and then you had bigger dreams, huh mom!" I loved it!
I am so grateful for the small everyday reminders that we can always have bigger dreams to make our lives feel more complete and accomplished. As I am playing this really fun waiting game, and anxiously awaiting my baby's arrival, I have to remind myself that this is my bigger dream right now, and soon enough I will be holding my sweet angel. Every tear I let fall from my cheek in frustration that she isn't in my arms yet is a wasted tear, because I know my father in heaven is preparing her to be a strong women in her lifetime. I am grateful that he is willing to hold her and protect her for me while she is preparing for this life. My dream is to have a beautiful, strong, daughter who knows who she is and loves her savior. And this "waiting game" is only making us both stronger and more prepared so she can be just that.
Having bigger dreams may not be easy, but they are worth the struggle and fight in accomplishing them as when we finally receive them we know how special they are.

2 comments:

si tu veux said...

Chelsea, Reading this brims my heart in happiness for you. Your angel is here now. This is a beautiful expression, you have a gift for writing feelings, and making the little things said the big dreams lived. Thanks for sharing the sweet things that we would miss otherwise. Congrats, hope you are feeling well.

love, stacie

si tu veux said...

Chelsea...How are you doing??? Miss you ♥